With the arrival of Autumn, the leaves begin to change. The Gently Falling vision of colorful leaves brings thoughts of cool evenings and maybe even the campfire with roasting marshmallows. Fall is such a beautiful season with the changing of the season. This card features the Stampin' Up! Gently Falling stamp set from the 2011 Holiday Mini Catalog.
The Oak Leaves in the Stampin' Up! Gently Falling stamp set are absolutely gorgeous providing the wow factor for this card.. These Gently Falling leaves create a classy focal point for the SU! Only Challenge 29 with the theme of "Leaf Images."
Sunny Girl Scraps Tips:
- To create dimension and pop on the leaves, I inked up the stamp using More Mustard Classic Ink then I sponged around the edges with Concord Crush and Cajun Craze to create the look of an Oak Leaf that had changed colors.
- For added wow, I also heat embossed the leaves with clear embossing powder. To heat emboss using classic ink, first stamp your image using VersaMark then stamp in you colored ink pad of choice.
- Dry embossing the background adds extra dimension and texture to the overall card.
- To create the border on the Large Oval around the sentiment, I punched out two additional Large Ovals, cut them in half and pieced them together to create the border.
- The Lucky Limeade ribbon adds an extra punch of color along with texture.
- Finally, the antique brad as the center of the bow creates the final touch of interest which keeps the eye focused on the main objects of the card by creating a "triangle" of interest.
Like this project? Please share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers and also encourage you to share my blog with your friends – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery.
FREE BIG SHOT! The Big Shot is a big deal! And during October, get a FREE Big Shot (or up to $100 in free Stampin' Up! products) when you purchase the Stampin' Up! Starter Kit and become a member of my Sunny Crafting Crew! It's the perfect opportunity for the hobby stamper that loves FREE products. So, even if you are on the fence, for just the price of the starter kit at $175.00, you receive over $300.00 in product and in addition you now receive a FREE Big Shot or $100.00 in product. There is NO Obligation to purchase or sell anything further through March 31, 2012!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Project Supply List:
Ink: More Mustard Classic (103162); Cajun Craze Classic (119671); Concord Crush Classic (119785); VersaMark(102283)
Cardstock: Concord Crush (119792); Lucky Limeade (122926)
Accessories: Lucky Limeade 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon (122977); Antique Brads (117273); Clear Embossing Powder (109130)
Tools: Big Shot (113439); Vintage Wall paper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (120175); Heat Tool (100005)
Stamp Sets: Gently Falling ((w:123802; c:123804); Sincere Salutations (w: 115068)